Universal Studios Hollywood is still Epic!
- Studio Tour- The studio tour is still one of the more incredible theme park activities in the country. Board a tram and tour the backlots of historic Universal Studios and see the places where your favorite scenes were shot. The tour still visits some of the famous events of yesteryear (like Jaws and a flash flood) and has added awesome current visual experiences like King Kong and The Fast and Furious.
- The Harry Potter area has two great rides. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey uses new technology to simulate flight with Flight of the Hippogriff is a smooth roller coaster that is fast but enjoyable. These rides open at 8am if you get tickets that allow you to enter the park early. See if online tickets give you the feature or buy your tickets at the Universal Hilton if that’s where you’re staying. Check out Universal Hints for more info.
- Simpsons and Minions Rides use the new 4D experiences for simulated rides (Minions is actually in 3D). Both are very smooth and enjoyable. The Simpsons incorporates that Simpson sense of humor that millions have loved over the years!
- City Walk- City Walk at Universal Studios Hollywood is similar to the one in Orlando- features souvenir stores, brand stores, snacks, dining and street entertainment. The Hollywood one has a great dance party in the streets that the kids will love!
- Saddle Ranch Chop House- This restaurant might be the best mix of food, entertainment and price we’ve seen in our travelling. The BBQ pork, chicken and tri-tip was outstanding! The atmosphere was cool- featuring a mechanical bull (no, we didn’t try it) and top notch service.
- Lodging in the area- We stayed at the Universal Hilton. A short walk from Universal Studios, consider the breakfast and dinner buffets which will stuff you! Say hi to Leanor in the dining room and Jesse, author of the Universal Tips Sheet, at the concierge stand. They know great customer service!
Check out these scenes from the Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour!